The office more than any built space needs the element of water. Why? Here are 3 evidence based reasons:
1) Improved Attention – Typically it takes individuals 15-20mins to get to a state of attention where ‘work’ can be conducted effectively, however this state can be ruined in seconds with life’s distractions. It is now known that simply looking at elements of nature, and more specifically water, can rapidly bring an individual back to an attentive working state. Attention Restoration Theory (ART) asserts that people can concentrate better after looking at pictures of nature (Kaplan’s 1995).
2) Make An Impression – Studies show the most remembered aspect to any business is not the furniture, paint, or even the receptionist, it is the art (Harris, McBride, Ross, & Curtis 2002). EDAsurf Art will leave a modern visual impact with customers and staff while holistically branding the business in a subtle effective manner (Hathorn et al., 2008).
3) Happy Customers & Staff – A business environment needs to be comfortable for both customers and staff. EDAsurf Art induces and delivers this comfort simply and effectively. Studies show that when art is installed depicting elements of nature, levels of customer satisfaction and employee job satisfaction increase substantially (Ulrich et al., 2003).
Contact us today and set up a personalized design session over Zoom.
The healthcare environment is a very challenging space for reasons we all know. This is why the walls of the healthcare space need the be watered and decorated with ocean images more than any other built environment.
Only the power of the sea can deliver the holistic healing to those who need it most. From patients to healthcare providers, everyone is stressed out and need the calming elements of the ocean to bring a moment of peace to there intense days.
Evidence Based Design (EBD)
1) Lower Bottom Lines -Installing water art in a healthcare environment is an intrinsic long term investment that will show on the facilities P&L over time. Studies show that those with a pictorial view of nature suffered fewer complications, use less pain medication and are discharged sooner. Evidence also shows improvements in patients and staff safety, wellness and satisfaction (Ulrich 1984).
2) Reduces Stress – The aesthetic presentation of water can powerfully change spaces and enhance the state of mind of those who encounter these aquatic visuals. Elements of nature and especially that of water or views of water can be effective at reducing stress and promoting wellness in the built environment (Ulrich 1991).
Positive Distraction – Hospitals need positive, natural energy. The beneficial impact of art depicting serene natural environments offers a positive distraction to those who may be in difficult circumstances (Hathorn et al., 2008).
Improved Wayfinding – Getting lost in a hospital can be easy. Images of water can solve this common problem. The beneficial impact of art depicting natural environments offers improvements to navigating a facility (pieces of art serve as landmarks in the built environment ) (Hathorn et al., 2008).